Medical Records Representative
We are currently seeking a full time Medical Records Representative to join our team.
This position is responsible for taking the data provided to their department and using it to communicate with all departments and insurance companies in order to provide necessary medical records for the processing of claims. Day-to-day responsibilities may vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective communication with various departments in order to ensure proper process of all client accounts.
- Log and review all incoming medical records request for accuracy.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective communication with insurance companies in order to obtain proper submission instructions as well as to ensure records being submitted are what is need to process the claims.
- Request and obtain patient pertinent health information.
- Review, compile, and send out medical records to insurance companies as needed.
- Detailed system documentation of accounts.
- Communicating with other departments to obtain or provide needed information on an account.
- Special Projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2+ years administrative experience in medical facility or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Service or related environment preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD 9 & ICD 10 coding, medical terminology, and EMR Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Behavioral health knowledge is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package available.
How To Apply:
Email resume with salary history and a cover letter to be considered.