Experienced Medical Biller
This position is responsible for taking the data provided to their department and using it to submit claims to the insurance companies for the patients that are seen by our clients. The knowledge and use of CPT, ICD 9 & ICD 10 coding, medical terminology, and EMR systems are essential to completing daily tasks correctly. Day-to-day responsibilities may vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Use coded data to input and submit claims to insurance companies through our software.
- Verify patients insurance coverage is properly input in the system.
- Verify LOC and authorizations.
- Accurate submission of claims to government and private insurance.
- Uploading claims to the patient file on a daily basis.
- Correct information and resubmit claims.
- Detailed system documentation of accounts.
- Communicating with other departments to obtain or provide needed information on an account.
- Special Projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Three or more years of verifiable billing work experience.
- Billing certificate from an accredited school.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD 9 & ICD 10 coding, medical terminology, and EMR Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Behavioral health knowledge is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package available.
How To Apply:
Email resume with salary history and a cover letter to be considered.