Experienced Insurance Verifications Specialist
This position is responsible for taking the data provided to their department and using it to verify patient insurance coverage directly with the insurance company and to obtain all necessary benefit and authorization information. This position is critical to the company’s core services. Payment for services rendered is dependent upon the insurance benefit verification and meeting the authorization requirements of the various insurance payers. Day-to-day responsibilities may vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Work directly with the insurance company to obtain patient insurance coverage breakdown including benefit and authorization information as well as estimated patient responsibility.
- Obtain clear breakdown from insurance companies regarding different LOC and facility types for each patient.
- Verify and communicate accurate patient billing information so that claims can be billed out correctly.
- Present a clear financial picture to our clients regarding their upcoming patient visits.
- Re-verify insurance as needed.
- Detailed system documentation of accounts.
- Communicating with other departments to obtain or provide needed information on an account.
- Special Projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- 2 – 5 years administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance verification, or related is preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in Customer Service or related call center environment preferred.
- 1 – 2 years prior experience in a call center and hospital patient account billing with experience or knowledge of reimbursements from insurance companies and government payers preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle high productivity standards, at exceptional quality requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent data entry and typing skills. (at least 40 words per minute).
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Behavioral health knowledge is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package available.
How To Apply:
Email resume with salary history and a cover letter to be considered.