We are currently seeking a full time Collection Specialist with medical billing experience to join our team.
This position is responsible for taking the data provided to their department and using it to follow up directly with insurance companies on claims that have been submitted to see where claims are in the processing cycle and to see how to get the claims processed and paid as quickly as possible. Day-to-day responsibilities may vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Work directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and patient to get a claim processed and paid.
- Contact and speak with insurance companies on the status of claims submitted.
- Account aging and aggressive follow-ups of accounts receivables.
- Review and appealing unpaid and denied claims
- Prepare forms, letters, reports, and correspondence for collection purposes.
- Correct information and resubmit claims.
- Verify patients insurance coverage is properly input in the system.
- Verify LOC and authorizations.
- Detailed system documentation of accounts.
- Communicating with other departments to obtain or provide needed information on an account.
- Special Projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- One or more years experience in insurance collection preferred.
- One or more years of verifiable billing work experience preferred.
- Billing certificate from an accredited school.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD 9 & ICD 10 coding, medical terminology, and EMR Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very motivated self-starter and must be able to work independently.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Behavioral health knowledge is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package available.
How To Apply:
Email resume with salary history and a cover letter to be considered.